Friday, August 23, 2013

On Work...

OK, so we ended up not going to the beach last Sunday. I received a lot of work last minute over the weekend, which really ruined our plans. I feel like today is the first day I've truly relaxed in two weeks. But I don't want to complain that I had work because it helped me buy a new shirt today ;)

I don't think I've actually mentioned what I've been doing work wise lately. I've been working part-time as a transcriber for an educational company, transcribing online course videos for the hearing impaired. I also work as a bookseller at Barnes & Noble to supplement that income.

When I'm not working, I have, unfortunately, not been painting as I promised I would. I've mostly been cooking and watching movies, while ignoring the blank canvas sitting next to me on my desk.

My books have also been neglected lately, which is a shame because I'm having a hard time not using my employee discount at Barnes & Noble. My nightstand/bookshelf is being taken over. And the pile just keeps growing.

I've also been trying to cook. I bought the Test Kitchen's Pasta Revolution, and I've already made two dishes. The ravioli tonight was DELISH!


  1. Any good book recommendations? I'm always looking for something new!


    1. Hi Alecia. If you're looking for something to read, check out this post: Thanks!