Friday, August 23, 2013

On Work...

OK, so we ended up not going to the beach last Sunday. I received a lot of work last minute over the weekend, which really ruined our plans. I feel like today is the first day I've truly relaxed in two weeks. But I don't want to complain that I had work because it helped me buy a new shirt today ;)

I don't think I've actually mentioned what I've been doing work wise lately. I've been working part-time as a transcriber for an educational company, transcribing online course videos for the hearing impaired. I also work as a bookseller at Barnes & Noble to supplement that income.

When I'm not working, I have, unfortunately, not been painting as I promised I would. I've mostly been cooking and watching movies, while ignoring the blank canvas sitting next to me on my desk.

My books have also been neglected lately, which is a shame because I'm having a hard time not using my employee discount at Barnes & Noble. My nightstand/bookshelf is being taken over. And the pile just keeps growing.

I've also been trying to cook. I bought the Test Kitchen's Pasta Revolution, and I've already made two dishes. The ravioli tonight was DELISH!

2 comments:

  1. Any good book recommendations? I'm always looking for something new!

    -alecia www.likesof.us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alecia. If you're looking for something to read, check out this post: http://dappled-one.blogspot.com/2013/08/on-good-reads.html Thanks!

      Delete